jeudi 6 novembre 2008

You never let go

Last night nearly everyone, except me and my mother-in-law, had a good sleep. Nicole and my father took some cough medicine and that helped knock them out. I was working on sending publicity for a play reading this Monday at the arts center. We have some momemtum going with some of our events and I would hate to lose that through lack of publicity.

School started up again after a 1 1/2 week break. Our son and older daughter were happy to see their friends again. Our younger daughter wanted to stay home, so we kept her here, as her visits with grandparents are sporadic. When I dropped our daughter off, one of the fathers was waiting for me and gave me a big hug and said that if he could do anything, let him know.

We went to the hospital again to sign papers to have Jessica's earthly body cremated. We also brought a pink pajamas for her to wear when she's transported from the hospital to the crematorium. While this might sound morbid, to us her remaining earthly body is just the outward shell. Jessica will have a new and perfect body someday.

We met with the psychologist of the Diaconesses. She said that 95% of deliveries go well. Her job is to help with the 5% of the cases where things go wrong. She'll be able to meet with our children, as her area of expertise is children. She'll also be able to meet with my wife, as well as with us as a couple. She said that they will be starting support groups for parents who have lived traumas like ours later this year. We again are thankful for the Christian base of this hospital. While it is a business, it is also a ministry.

My wife's father arrived just before 1:00 p.m., so all 3 living grandparents are with us now.

During the last 24 hours, two songs about God's faithfulness in holding onto us have encouraged me. Both are titled "You Never Let Go." One is by Matt Redman and the other is by David Crowder. Click their names to see some moving power point slides with the lyrics.

Matt Redman - You Never Let Go
From the album Passion 06: Everything Glorious


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won't turn back
I know You are near

And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me

And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We'll live to know You here on the earth

Chorus:

Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You

Chorus: (2x)

David Crowder Band - You Never Let Go

When clouds veil sun
And disaster comes
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
When waters rise
And hope takes flight
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul

Ever faithful
Ever true
You I know
You never let go
You never let go
You never let go
You never let go

When clouds brought rain
And disaster came
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
When waters rose
And hope had flown
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul
Oh, my soul

Oh, my soul
Overflows
Oh, what love, oh, what love
Oh, my soul
Fills hope
Perfect love that never lets go

Oh, what love, oh, what love
Oh, what love, oh, what love
In joy and pain
In sun and rain
You're the same
Oh, You never let go

1 commentaire:

Karenk1994 a dit…

My prayers and thoughts are with you. My heart breaks and aches for all of you. May Jesus comfort you and be with you through these difficult days.