We continue to appreciate the many phone calls and e-mail messages and Facebook ones that we are receiving. We have learned of many who have lost babies or brothers/sisters to miscarriages in the womb or at childbirth. I spoke over the phone with a collague who lost a child 2 months ago uner similar circumstances. I also spoke with a pastoral couple gifted in conselling and whom we met this past August in Switzerland and got some advice from th
I woke up this morning with some ideas about the memorial/funeral service. We have a date and a time and a place arranged now: Saturday morning at 11:00 a.m. at 48, Rue de Lille, Paris 75007 . I arrranged for a French pastor to do a 15 minute talk. We want lots of color, peace, creativity, and joy around this particular event. We want it open to all our friends, including those who are not yet followers of Christ.
We had to tell one of our neighbors about Jessica's death. She and her daughter were quiet the next few minutes. We'll need to be telling many others as well during the next few days, which could be difficult, especiallly for my wife. She doesn't like the prospect of responding to everyone about such a painful subject.
Tonight our kids, especially my son, were worried about Jessica being lost. My wife noted that he is like a shelte dog in that he tends to help all the kids get in the right direction, as well as wants to know where everyone is. He may need somehow for God to convince him (via dream or something) that she is ok and safe and with Jesus now.
My eyes are closing and I keep having my finger stick to thekeyboard and make funny words on this screen.
3 commentaires:
You are in our thoughts and on our hearts. Jim
I am praying specifically for your children tonight - especially Joel.
Al and Nicole..our hearts are so saddened as we heard of the news of baby Jessica's passing. You are always in our prayes and hearts. I will be specifically praying for Nicole, having the Lord give her mind, body and spirit rest and peace. We Love you..
Enregistrer un commentaire