samedi 29 novembre 2008

Miscellaneous stuff

Tonight we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving with our organization's colleagues in Paris. We've done list many years and it is good to get to see everyone again.

We got a nice note yesterday from Dr. Litfin, the President of Wheaton College. While he probably didn't draft it himself, he did sign it and someone in the Chaplain's office passed on the word to his office. Again, Wheaton College was another source of prayer for us this past month.

I had a couple of conversations with preChristian friends yesterday. One, an anti-religious woman of a Jewish background, wanted to help us, but didn't want to intrude. She mentioned how strong we seemed in this situation, as well as how it must be nice to have faith in a situation like this. This was a positive affirmation on her part. While picking up my daughter after school, I got into a conversation with a woman who attended the memorial service. She ended up figuring out that I was a pastor. I haven't necessarily broadcast this around, especially in getting to know people. I guess Jessica's death has forced that information to get out. She took this knowledge positively, saying that she could ask me some of her theological questions when she would need to.

After 4 weeks, I think that fatigue is one feeling that we're experiencing. A temporary change of scenery would probably do us a lot of good right now. We need some divine strength to push us ahead at this time.

We missed out meeting with Jo from Michigan yesterday. But I was able to pick up the coloring books that she brought for the kids. Again we're grateful for friends who bring things for the kids when they are passing through Paris.

1 commentaire:

Nate Walter a dit…

Hey Al, Thinking about you today. Looks like your T'giving had an enormous spread! I wrote a personal note to Dr. Litfin once and got a personal note back - he's great. It's great to hear your family will be taking some time to go to Alsace - sounds restful and important. Hope you have a very safe and peaceful trip, and I'll try to remember to pray for a spirit of joy (not death) in your house. Take care of yourselves, Much love to you. --Faith