Today we put up our first decorations. For several years, we have begun by decorating a small Christmas tree, then putting it in the kids' bedroom. The kids enjoyed it very much, as well as putting snowflake decorations on a window. We'll get our bigger Christmas tree sometime after Dec. 10.
We had good naps this afternoon, then drove off for the 5:00 p.m. service of Trinity Int'l Church. Our friend Charles led worship for it's monthly bilingual service. I like having the morning to relax and do things together, then go to a worship service later in the day.
A woman gave an announcement about needing someone to watch her dog and cat while they were away this Christmas. We spoke to her afterwards. It looks like we'll bring their dog to our place to live during the holidays. This will give our kids a chance to see how they do with pets under their roof. That will liven up our holidays even more.
I had a brief discussion with the pastor's wife about the arts ministry I help with . I was encouraged to see her interest in it.
I spoke with someone there, who mentioned that she and her husband would likely be moving back to their home country. The coming and going of people is one of the challenges of international churches
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire