We're in Alsace one more day. Yesterday (Tuesday) I picked up our repaired car. The mechanic changed the muffler/tailpipe, as well as the spark plugs. The effects of their repairs were obvious, as the car was quiet and had much more power. We drove up a mountain until finding some more snow, then had a snowball fight on the side of the road.
I visited the HQ of the ministry "Famille, Je T'Aime" and saw its new director Isabelle M. She and her family were our new door neighbors this August at the family camp we attended. Walt S. came by where we are staying in the afternoon and spent a couple of hours with us. He and his wife Pat are a couple of the most experienced member care people in western Europe and it was our privilege to meet them at the August camp.
We had Swiss fondue for supper with Daniel and Anne-Sylvie.
Our son expressed his sadness about leaving Alsace, saying that he didn't want to go back home. He is definitely a feeler and often expresses what is going on inside him, although we don't always understand. He was the most resistant to coming here at first and now is the most resistant to leave. He reminds me of the prophet Jeremiah in how he expresses his emotions, as his highs are very high and his lows are very low. We probably need to pray already for him a wife with a calm and stable disposition. :-) Seriously though, our friend Mark (Thanksgiving dinner) shared how he prayed for his children (when they were young) and for their future spouses (as well as the families they were growing up in ). So we probably need to follow his example.
Speaking of spouses, I was sad to learn of the tragedy in the life of Dong Yung Yoon. I had never heard of him until reading the CNN article "Man who lost family when jet hit house: 'I don't blame pilot'" I had previously read of a U.S. Marines Corps F/A-18D fighter pilot who had to eject from his plane during a training exercise after unsuccessfully trying to land at a base. Both engines probably went out. The plane crashed in San Diego's University City community and completely destroyed 2 houses. Sadly, Mr. Yoon's wife Young Mi Yoon (36), mother-in-law Suk Im Kim (60), and daughters Grace (15 months) and Rachel (2 months) were in one of the houses and killed in the fire. They had just moved into that house a month ago.
Seeing that Mr. Yoon was Korean and his message of not blaming the pilot, I wondered if he was a follower of Jesus. I clicked on the CNN video. What a power testimony!!! Below is my rough transcript of the interview.
"It's such a horrible thing to happen, especially right here, ... our house. But I believe my wife and 2 babies and mother-in-law, are in heaven with God. And I know God is taking care of them. I heard that the pilot is safe. Please pray for him not to suffer from this accident. I know he is one of our treasures for the country. I don't blame him. I dont' have any hard feelings toward him. He did everything he could. Right now I don't know how I feel. I don't know what to write or think about. But I know that there are many people who have experienced more terrible things. Please tell me how to do it. I don't know what to do. My wife, it was God's blessing that I met her about 4 years ago and we got married. She was such a lovely wife and mother who always loves me and our babies. I have 2 daughters Grace, who was only 5 months old and Rachel, who was born October 17...just over a month. Thank you. God bless you. My mother-in-law just came here to take care of my babies. She just worked hard and loved our kids and didn't complain at all. My father-in-law is coming tomorrow and I don't know what to tell him. I don't know if he will ever forgive me. My mother-in-law was 60 years old and my wife was 36. There are many people who help me: our pastor, many people from the church. The police department and the fire department. Many people tried to call me and I couldn't take all the calls. I would like to thank all the people who support me and my family. Thank you."
After losing our Jessica, I certainly feel great compassion for my brother Dong Yung Yoon, even though we've never yet met. He spoke coherently in front of the cameras, even though he is still in shock over the loss of his family. Honestly, I can only imagine all the pain that he must feel. But I have learned during the last 6 weeks that Christ is the Solid Rock upon whom we can stand, no matter what tragedy happens to us. I'm glad that his church and pastor have been there for him. His pastor Daniel Shin was next to him during the interview.
My thoughts and prayers are with Dong Yung Yoon. I've seen God's peace carry us. May it carry him as well.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire