dimanche 21 décembre 2008

Chiristmas tree, Chester the dog

I may doze in the middle of this, asi I'm very tired. It was a full and very busy weekend.

Yesterday our primary project was finding, transporting and decorating our family Christmas tree. I had trouble locating our bungy cords, so had to purchase more at the local everything store. After we arrived at IKEA, I discovered that it had sold out all it's trees the previous weekend. So, after we doing our shopping while the kids placed under supervision, we had lunch, bought a few more things, and then becan our excusion to 2 other stores in search of a tree. The garden store near IKEA had also sold out its trees. We made it to the E LeClair and bought one of its ifnal trees. After we got home, we set it up in a stand, then set up the lights and golden guirland. The kids enthusiastically put ornaments on the tree.

This morning we went to church, then ordered our usual takeout roast chicken for lunch. We attended the birthday party of our across the hall neighbor, who turns 3 tomorrow. It was the first time we've spent in this way with our current across the hall neighbors. They will be starting a FrancoArgentinian restaurant in downtown Paris and made an amazing chocolate cake. We also watched the film "Madagascar 2" with them. It was a good time building that relationship.

Tonight Chester the dog was dropped out at our place by some new friends who are going to the U.S. tomorrow for 2 weeeks. So we now are temporary dog sitters. I took him for a brief bathroom break tonight. So our family is larger now.

Early tomorrow I head for the airport to get Deanna, who is currently in the air between Newark and Paris. She'll be with us for 12 days.

Aucun commentaire: