This afternoon my wife, son, and I met with the principal of the Catholic private grade school in our neighborhood. Never having done this before, we weren't sure what to expect. In the end, the result was positive, as our son was accepted to start at this school in September 2008. In fact, it seemed like she had already made up her mind to accept him.
While this is speculation, I think that she liked the fact that we are probably one of the few families that actually believe and practive our faith in mostly similar ways. She also seemed interested in all of us being native English-speakers, as English is the chosen 2nd language of the school. Our son is perhaps the only native English speker there. As my wife has training in TESL, the principal asked her if she might be able to work with some of the discussion groups. I mentioned that I might be able to help bring some native English-speakers to help with these groups.
I feel relieved that our decision seems to be made now. I think that the school will provide a good training ground for our son...and probably daughters as well. The school also seems interested in our involvement as well, which may provide some open doors for ministry.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire