mardi 6 novembre 2007

Southwestern France

Since Saturday, we've been in Azereix, a village of 700 people that is near Lourdes and Tarbes. We're staying at the home of Steve and Sarah and their girls Annie and Julia. It's very different here than Paris. We're staying in a house with a big yard. Yesterday David* rode a bike for the first time w/o training wheels, as the yard here has lots of grass, so there is less concern about falling over.

I've been sick a good part of yesterday and today. I think that a lot of stuff caught up with me and forced my system to shut down. I had no energy yesterday and about half of today.

I started sending out e-announcements about my mother's Homegoing. It's been wonderful to read people's comments on how she marked their lives.

A friend named Howard used 100,000 of his frequent flyer miles to cover my round-trip ticket from Paris to Denver. I leave Paris on Saturday Nov 10 and the memorial service is at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday Nov 11 at Eastern Hills Community Church (19697 E. Smoky Hill Rd.Aurora, CO 80015). He said that he was covering my ticket (including $73 in taxes) because of his friendship with our family and because I had kept contact with him. I stayed with him and his family the summer of 1988 just before leaving for France the first time. We lost track of each other for most of the past 19 years, but got back in contact later this year through e-mail and Facebook.

We had back north to Paris on Thursday. It's been a good chance of scenery down here.

Aucun commentaire: