vendredi 9 novembre 2007

Week of planes, trains, and automobiles

This is a high travel week for me. We returned yesterday from southwestern France by train, then had to take a taxi home because my nearly 6 year old had the flu or something and could barely walk. The taxi ride within Paris during rush hour cost as much as going to the airport during off hours.

Speaking of expensive, I put some gas in the car at 1.469 euros per gallon so there would be plenty for whatever errands my wife needs to run while I'm way. At today's lousy exchange rate, this fill up cost me $8.04 per gallon. It's good we don't drive too often.

Today has been a day of cleaning up after our trip to our friends and me getting ready to fly tomorrow for Denver via Washington D.C. for my mom's memorial service in 2 days. My wife ran 4 loads of laundry and we have it all over our apartment drying tonight.

So many thoughts are floating around my head about my mother and what to say at the Sunday memorial service. In some ways, I've had this eulogy floating around in my mind for a number of years now. But then other reflections and memories have come to mind. I was really blessed to have her for a mom.

Aucun commentaire: