In reading an e-mail by KévinKuyà, I found the following link to a 2 minute video titled "The Missional Church Simple."
I've like the idea of "missional church" of a church equipping its people like missys to "go" out to the people in their world. This video mentions that many in their world of contacts would be suspicious if receiving something from a marketing campaign of x or y church. In our post-modern world, I think this is often the case.
Many churches today invest the majority of their resources into a nice building, quality programming & teaching & worship, and slick marketing. Evàngélism is seen as inviting people to come to church or to this event at church. The church tends to attract people who are already like those in attendance (the homogeneous unit principle).
One thing I've experienced in Paris churches over the years to a greater degree than in the U.S. churches I've grown up in is a greater diversity of people, at least ethnically. Often, it has been economically as well.
During the last couple of days, I've been thinking about Jesus' command to "go." This is often linked with "making disciples of the nations." Going to the nations today doesn't necessarily imply having to travel very far, as the nations are being scattered around the world.
However, the challenge for many of us Christ followers is to step out toward those who are not yet Christ followers. I know from experience that this is not necessarily easy. However, I'm challenged to live my life "missionally" so as to go toward those who aren't yet Christ followers. This involves having the eyes of Jesus. I'm reading another book that is stimulating my heart toward this type of lifestyle. I'll blog about it another time.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire