mercredi 30 décembre 2009

Cookie Party 3

This post may have some errors, I'm very tired tonight after our 3rd cookie party here.

Going into this event, my wive and I were very tired, so it was harder to get overly excited about it. We only had 3 children signed up. Plus our younger daughter had an afternoon birthday party at a friend's house, so we had to get her to and from that.

It turned out to be our easiest cookie party of the three, due to the smaller number of participants. One was from my elder daughter's class at school; another was a former classmate of our elder daughters, and the third was someone from our church in Paris. The smaller number allowed for my wife & I to actually make some cookies.

We learned that one of the participants lost his wife to an aneurism, so he's raising 2 kids alone. Just getting into this conversation made the day worth it.

Aucun commentaire: