While waiting around for my son to do his weekly Monday evening swim lesson, I started reading Rob Johnston's "Reel Spirituality." This is a book about how Christians need to learn to get engaged in the discussion about films. We need to develop discernment in "seeing" what we look at. This means looking at films theologically.
Tonight at the monthly Fonderie meeting for artists, B-R showed us clips from 3 films, including one from "The Blade Runner." He and Olivier lead the monthly PaveCine film night.
His reflections triggered some interesting discussion tonight. One point was whether there is truly "Christian art" that exists. Another discussion theme was whether there were artistic activities that help our reflection about God.
It's starting to rain and lighting outside, so I'm going to close and turn of this computer for now.
1 commentaire:
There are a couple of books like this that I've wanted to read, but there's no way to do so without spoiling some of the movies talked about!
I think the film discussion idea is SUCH a brilliant one. I wish I could get involved in something like that.
Enregistrer un commentaire