Tonight I watched the finals of the UEFA League Championship with FC Barcelone defeating Manchester United. It was a well played match that FC Barcelone won 2-0. One of my favorite French players, Thierry Henry, is on FC Barcelone. Both teams last night had a mixture of players from different nations, including South Korea, the Netherlands, UK, France, Spain, and some African ones. Soccer is definitely a worldwide sport.
While watching the king and prime minister shake hands with the players, it struck me that I must have some Spanish blood in me. For the Philippines was a Spanish colony for a couple of centuries, until the U.S. took it over in 1898. I'll never know how much Spanish I have in me. But last night was the first time where I felt some kind of bond with Spain.
Sometime I'll need to meditate more about the Spanish roots that I undoubtably must have. I also have a desire for the first time to visit Spain.
My kids enjoy the story of Jonah. When he is disobeying God and taking a ship to a distant place away from Ninevah, that place was in Spain.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire