
Tonight I attended the monthly VERTICALE worship & prayer evening at le Pavé d'Orsay. It was a welcome breath of fresh air after some frustrating events of this afternoon. Rarely have I ever arrived at a worship gathering in such an irritated state. However, it was good to be there for multiple reasons. Although I arrived 40 minutes late, it was good to be with everyone there. It felt like going to a large gathering of friends, even though I didn't know a lot of the people there.
Afterwards, Kristina came up and said hi. We met a few months ago when she was trying to figure out what to do ministry-wise. She's now working in Paris for a few months, so it was good to catch up. I spoke with another woman whom I met a couple of weeks ago at a church. Then I spoke with Emmanuel, whom I knew from going to another church together. He helped lead worship tonight, which was great, as he is a gifted songwriter and musician.
I've gotten into a couple of new pieces of technology this week. As we had a computer die, I purchased my first desktop computer on Wednesday. I realized that it had 1,000 x as much hard drive as my first computer purchased in 1993. It even has WiFi, although that took a couple of days and several calls to customer service in order to fix it.
As our cell phone died this week, we needede to replace it. After a couple of trips to Orange Telecom, I purchased an IPhone today. This is a very well publicized phone. We got a huge discount on the purchase price, thanks to having been with Orange for 9 years now. Now we have to learn how to use all its features, including a camera, GPS system, and e-mail capacity.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire