mercredi 8 avril 2009

Easter Egg Coloring: The Sequel Report

This afternoon was the 2nd of three Easter egg coloring events that we're hosting this season.

We ended up having another 11 neighborhood children, including some of neighbors in our ap't building, as well as in our residency of 400 apartments. We had 3 mothers who stayed. 3 colleagues with another group (the IMB) lent an invaluable hand today. Thanks J., T., and K.

One girl from my son's swim class came with her mother. I've seen her around from week to week for at least 2 years, but finally spoke with her last Monday and handed her an invitation. It turns out that she's lived in this neighborhood for nearly her whole life.

The mother of a boy who is a classmate of our younger daughter was the last one to leave. She ended up having some dessert, talking with my wife, and even helping clean up. When she learned about our stillborn child, she shared about having an abortion in her earlier years and some guilt that she feels about it. This is normally not the kind of theme you abord with strangers. Again, this event helped us build some trust and credibility and favor in the eyes of some of our neighbors.

We really felt God's peace and calm throughout the event. We credit this to the hundreds of people who were praying before and during the session today.

My eyes are regularly closing as I type, so I'll close for now. I may post some photos tomorrow here. Good night.

Aucun commentaire: