I learned just a few hours ago that September 21 was declared World Peace Day. It's a day where people and nations are to desist from fighting in order to focus that time, energy & expense on activities & projects that generate peace & well being of people & intercultural cooperation & saving lives. I saw an interesting video on the web site www.peaceoneday.org.
One challenge to individuals was not to wait for governments to do this, but to take personal initiative in creating peace where we live.
I must admit that we live in a time where peace seems quite contradictory to the current reality. I just finished watching a TV documentary on an extremist movement known for its cruelty. It seems a long way off from the time when the lion will lay with the lamb and God's shalom reigns on the earth.
Jesus exhorted His disciples to be wise like serpents and harmless like doves. How we need His wisdom to live this out in a multicultural & pluralistic city like Paris. Certainly being part of impacting our neighborhood will be bringing peace to it through our presence, words, and actions. May the peace of Christ rule in our hearts...and impact all aspects of our lives.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire