mercredi 7 janvier 2009

New intern Em

Last night I left for the airport around 11:00 p.m. to pick up Em, an Australian university student who is doing a 1 month short-term internship in Paris. The Australian director of our organization told us about her last June and the doors opened up for her to be with us now. She's the first worker we've ever had whom our agency recruited for us, which is cool.

As she had only seen snow a couple of times, she seemed to have as much fun taking our son to play in the snow this morning as he had. It is about 100 degrees F. at her home, while it's below freezing here.

I dropped her off at a children's ministry this afternoon, where she will help with tutoring children most Wednesdays. It was nice to provide some help. She'll tutor in English, as well as in math.

I've been in e-correspondance about some of the challenges of bringing short-termers to Paris. Finding housing is often the biggest one. I'll probably write more about these challenges another time. In some ways, having a base (like the Celts used to do in mission) that could provide housing for short-termers would be a solution. However, this would involve a tremendous expense, especially in Paris.

Aucun commentaire: