vendredi 30 janvier 2009

Friends from near & far

We're in full preparation for THE birthday party weekend. Tomorrow morning we'll have our 3 year old younger daughter's party, followed by a Sunday afternoon party the next day for our 7 year old son. Many of the guests will be first-timers to our home, which is an interesting and unexpected phenomenon.

Today after school I ended up picking up my older daughter, as well as one of her classmates who lives in our neighborhood. We got a phone call just a few minutes before school ended from the classmate's mother, whose 6 month old was sick. I was glad to be able to help in this practical way. I ended up having a cup of tea at their home after dropping the friend off, as the 2 girls were playing together well. It's nice to have connections in our neighborhood.

Yesterday I had a long phone chat with long-time friends Greg & Janie. Our phone plan includes free calls to U.S. landline phones, so it didn't cost us anything more. But it was good to connect.

Through Facebook, I continue to rediscover familiar faces from the past. I was just e-mailing a girl (now a woman married and with 2 kids) from a youth group in the mid-80s that I worked with. It's rewarding to learn what some of these former young people are up to now.

Aucun commentaire: