Earlier today (or technically yesterday, even though I haven't yet gone to bed), I was at Auchan doing my big grocery shopping. With our Auchan card, we get a 10% discount on Auchan products on Tuesdays, so I often shop on Tuesdays. I also had a coupon good for 1.5 euros on 10 euros worth of diapers.
Yesterday my wife had her monthly visit to her OB/GYN doctor. He said that the baby looks healthy and has her head down already. But he advised my wife to start taking it easy, especially in terms of walking, as her cervix has already started to open. The baby's tentative arrival date is November 9. It would be good if she would wait to give birth until at least October 9, as the baby would be starting her 9th month then and be pretty fully developed.
This news got us thinking that we may be having an October baby! So we're doing all we can to have my wife do as little walking as possible. I also am trying to get as much done now before baby arrives. This included a bigger grocery shop today, as well as a defrosting of the freezer in order to have more room for supplies there.
In thinking of how November might work out, I had the idea that my father might be able to come and help for 2 1/2 weeks, especially as a scheduled trip he had for the Philippines for then has fallen through. I ran the idea by him and he seems happy to come again and help us. This is probably our last child and his last grandchild.
I bought 2 bags of newborn diapers this afternoon. We're just about done with diapers with our 2 1/2 year old, as she's basically completed potty training and only needs 1 pair of pull up pants a night. So we're about done with diapers with her just in time to start another 2 1/2 to 3 years of diapers with baby #4.
I'm starting to feel curious about what she'll look like, as well as what her personality will be like. It will be fun to see how the other 3 relate to her, especially the 2 older sisters.
I had 2 discussions today with neighborhood people whom I've known for a number of years, but not very well. One is the mother of a boy whom we met at the baby swim class from a few years ago and whose son is also at the school where my son goes. He's in the class one year ahead of my son. The other is a 20ish young man who lives in our apartment building and is trying to learn English. One conversation took place in the park after school, while the other started in front of our apartment building and continued by the mailboxes. The relationship with both people went a little further through these conversations.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire