It's cold and dark outside this morning. The rest of my family is sleeping still, as is most of Paris.
It probably was under similar circumstances when the women were going to the tomb of Jesus early that first Easter morning. They were heart-broken, disillusioned, and confused. Their dreams had been dashed several days earlier when Jesus was crucified, declared dead, and was buried in the tomb. Their vision for a brighter future had been destroyed, or so it seemed.
Nearly 2,000 years later, we know what happened that morning. The angel outside the tomb testified that Jesus was no longer there, but has risen from the dead. Soon they would see their Savior in His new and perfect resurrection body.
I find it easy to get caught up in the busyness of life and ministry. While both have their challenges, I generally enjoy both. I'm motivated to advance with my marriage and family and with my ministry career. I want to see the world transformed, and my corner of it, in particular. But I was reminded several days ago that, as good as these things may be, it is the death and resurrection of Jesus that really gives them value. If Jesus wasn't resurrection, then the whole foundation upon which I'm trying to build my life is in vain.
Joy to the world. He is risen. Alleluia.
This is the hope that we bring to the world. The risen Jesus still can and does resurrect dead, hopeless, and broken lives. This is what we will celebrate together at our local church in Paris, as well as in churches all around the world.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire