mercredi 19 décembre 2007

Why Men Hate Going to Church?

I've nearly completed my 2nd reading of Don Miller's "Blue Like Jazz." When I mentioned that I was reading this on Facebook, a number of 20 somethings said that they really liked the book. One woman in her early 50s said that she had read it, but didn't see what was so great about it. The contrast between her view of the book and that of the others was fascinating.

I have begun reading David Murrow's "Why Men Hate Going to Church" (Nashville: Thomas Nelson, 2005). This should be an interesting read and forum for discussion. I'm not sure what readings this book will trigger afterwards.

As I see my nearly 6 year old son struggle to integrate in the Sunday morning system at our church, especially compared to his sisters fairly easy adjustment, I have lots of questions. It seems that the current structures of many churches try to make boys and men passive and more easy to be controlled. But I don't think that this is biblical nor is it conducive to helping develop strong churches that are open to adventure, a trait that is more typically musculine and than feminine.

What kinds of exercises, programs and training would help my son develop into a healthy and biblical man who loves God with his whole heart, mind, and soul and who loves his neighbor as himself?

Aucun commentaire: