vendredi 29 avril 2011

Royal Wedding

Through the wonders of the Internet, I was able to watch live the royal wedding of Princess William & Kate.

I remember watching William's parents wedding 30 years ago. That wedding struck me, as Diana was the same age as me.

As always, I hope for the best for the newlyweds. Marriage is a great blessing, but also a lot of work.

I was surprised at how blatantly Xian the ceremony was. On the one hand, it's not that surprising, as my wedding was blatantly Xian, with prayers, Scripture readings, a homily, etc.

However, the I see the UK as post-Xian & post-Christendom. Certainly some would argue this, just as some argue that the U.S. is still a Xian country. In theory, every inch of the UK is part of one Church of England parish or another.

However, statistics seem to show that much of the West professes less & less to be Xian. This is different from the global South, where an increasing number of Latinos, Asians & Africans profess to be Xian.

I pray that the marriage of William & Kate will have some focus on Christ. This would allow them to better handle to pressures that will come with royalty, as well as just being married and eventually having children.

The OT reminds me that God still moves in the hearts of kings & those in governmental authority in this world. May He move in their hearts & help guide the UK to biblical values of justice, mercy & walking humbly before God.

Aucun commentaire: