Today is All Saints Day (Nov. 1), a public holiday in many countries with Roman Catholic heritage. My friends in France are certainly enjoying a day off work or school today. In the U.S., it's a normal work day. This year, it's also a day of election in the mid-term elections for many important state offices around the country.
2 years ago, my wife delivered our stillborn daughter Jessica. After 9 months of waiting for our 4th child, our worlds were rocked when we could hear no beating heart of our daughter. We received the awful news that she had somehow died during the previous 72 hours.
God has brought much comfort to our hearts during the past 2 years.
That being said, it's still hard to not have her among us. When I see my 3 kids together, I wonder what it would have been like to have Jessica among us.
However, I trust that God knows what is best. I believe that Jessica is in good hands now. I often picture her with my mother, who graduated to heaven 3 years ago from tomorrow. Both are fully well and not suffering any pain or struggle.
The hope of bodily resurrection and of seeing loved ones fully well is an encouragement. As some of my older friends are graduating to heaven, I miss them. But were I not confident that this time on earth is only temporary, I would be heartbroken and in despair whenever someone died.
But someday all the saints (those who have placed their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ) will be gathered together again. This will be for all eternity.
This hope is also motivation to live in such a way that others are attracted to the Lord. I heard a great message yesterday about the outward looking church. Service provides the platform to share of this hope.
So, Jessica & Mom, I'm thinking of you today. Look forward to seeing you again sometime.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire