mardi 21 septembre 2010

Dealing with opponents

I've found a couple of interesting things on the Internet this morning.

One is a Sept. 20 news story titled "Atheist Hitchens skipping prayer day in his honor" by Associated Press write Jay Reeves. It can be found at http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100920/ap_on_re_us/us_christopher_hitchens_cancer

Christopher Hitchens has been an outspoken critic of Christianity. Age 62, he has been stricken with esophagal cancer and is not doing well physically.

Despite Hitchen's virulent attacks of Christianity, he still has some friends who are Christians, including Larry Tauton, head of the apologetics group Fixed Point Foundation. In fact, some Christians informally declared yesterday as "Everybody pray for Hitchens Day."

My initial reaction to Hitchens was not prayer, but anger. I probably would have had a hard time being a friend with him had I been in contact.

Yet I admire Larry Tauton for being his friend, even though their ideas are opposed. Jesus was criticized by the Pharisees for being a "friend of sinners."

On his Facebook status, Ed Stetzer writes, "Jesus chose to love those and be with those of bad reputations. The pharisees weren't pleased. Some things never change."

Someone quoted A.W. Tozer as saying, "To be right with God has often meant to be in trouble with men."

May Christopher Hutchens' heart be softened by the Lord, despite his opposition to Him. May we know how to handle the opposition of Pharasaical types today.



Aucun commentaire: